Monday, January 30, 2012

The Happy Couple


The Groom
Jason was born in 1981 in Henderson, Nevada (right outside of Las Vegas) and grew up in Boulder City (also outside of Vegas). He has three older brothers, Tony, Rick, and Gerry, three older sisters, Gunda, Margaret, and Cecilia, and one younger brother, Jeff (big family!). His dad, Don, passed away of Leukemia when he was 15 and his mom, Kathy, now lives in Houston just minutes away. Growing up he was some what of an outdoors man going fishing, camping, and canoeing with his dad and younger brother a lot. He was on the bowling team in high school and graduated from Boulder City HS then attended community college for a while at the College of Southern Nevada.

In 2006 Jason moved to Houston for a while then back to Nevada and in 2007 had his first son, Joey, and moved back to Houston shortly after Joey's first birthday. A few years later he had his second son, Michael, in 2010.


The Bride
I was born in Houston, Texas and grew up in Dayton (a small town northeast of Houston). I have one older brother, Josh and my mom and dad still live in Dayton in the house I grew up in. I was in 4-H and FFA, raised and showed animals, and was in band in high school (percussion and piano). After high school I attended Texas A&M University (WHOOP!) for three years then made a drastic change when I decided to move home and go to culinary school at the Art Institute of Houston. It was a major change in plans but definitely for the best.


Jason, Joey, and I now live in Houston. Jason works full time as an assistant store manager at Office Max and has been rapidly climbing the management ladder since he started there last April. Joey is in pre-school and loves it! As for me, I'm finishing up my last few quarters of culinary school and work part-time at a small catering company.

Taken on our recent trip to Vegas over Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment